The following resources are helpful in preparing for and developing an understanding of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion work:
What is Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Consulting?
It’s more than simply including diverse voices. Multiple identities, cultures, languages, sizes, abilities, and communities must be included and consulted if we are truly committed to equity. These voices must also be embedded in our practices, policies, procedures, and everyday consciousness. We must specifically think about those who are vulnerable, marginalized, and underserved; and actively engage these voices via inclusive practices and behaviors.
Preparing for DEI Consulting
We appreciate your courageous consciousness and commitment to equity and culturally responsive work. Here are some questions and activities to engage in as you prepare for the work.
- What is DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) Consulting?
- Preparing for DEI Consulting
- Teaching Culturally Responsive Trauma Challenges & Mindfulness to Educators
- Cultural Vibrancy: Exploring the Preferences of African American Children Toward Culturally Relevant and Non-Culturally Relevant Lessons
- “I Can’t Breathe.” Scrutinizing Systems of Oppression so we can all Breathe! (August 2020)
- Colorado Association of School Executives (CASE) Dr. Sampson/Distinguished Speaker/July 2020
- Denver Chamber of Commerce: Virtual Voices, Disparities Surrounding COVID 19
- Metropolitan State University of Denver Race Equity Course
- Metropolitan State University of Denver Webinar: “We Are Tired”